Hello everyone! It’s been a long while since my last post, but I’m back at it again! I’m finally recovered after 3 weeks of being sick and actually have the energy to get back to blogging and chatting about some of my newest finds and happenings.
Disclaimer: This is an unbiased review. As an SPA, I am often provided with opportunities to review certain fitness/health related products. I was not paid for my review, but did receive a free product for testing.
Recently, I was given the opportunity to try out Manitoba Harvest’s Hemp Hearts and I couldn’t have been more impressed. I honestly didn’t even know what hemp hearts were until I received my bag, but I figured it was worth a shot since I had so thoroughly enjoyed their Hemp Pro 70.
What are hemp hearts? To put it simply, they are raw shelled hemp seeds and nutritional powerhouses.
- Great tasting – Hemp Hearts have a slightly nutty taste, similar to a sunflower seed or pine nut.
- Easy to use – Simply sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salad, cereal & yogurt, add to smoothies and recipes, or eat them straight from the package!
- Nutritious – per 30 gram serving, Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of Omegas.
- Hemp Hearts have more protein and omegas and less carbs than the same serving of chia or flax
Now that you know what they are and what they offer let’s get talking about taste! I love these things! They might look like bird food, but they pack a lot of taste and of the many seeds and mix-ins I’ve tried this might top the list. The flavor is nutty and reminded me of crushed walnuts. It was perfect for topping on my oatmeal, yogurt, and on peanut/cashew buttered Ezekiel bread.
Even my three year old really enjoyed them! After his first bite I asked him if he liked them. His reply, “No. I REALLY, REALLY like them! They are yummy.”
In short, these little nuggets of goodness are the perfect snack food. I’m actually eager to order up a larger bag for when I run out (they are that tasty).
My favorite way to eat them was on top of my Greek yogurt!
Let’s get to those giveaway details! ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL WIN A FREE BAG OF HEMP HEARTS!! To enter you must follow the rafflecopter link and complete the following tasks:
- follow @ManitobaHarvest on IG and Twitter
- tweet about the giveaway
- follow @sarah_griff_fit @manitobaharvest on IG
- follow @SarahGriffFit on Twitter
To Enter Visit:
Giveaway deadline is 3/17/15! Be sure to get entered today!